Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Fire

So after enjoying delish flavored Hookah with some of my neighbors we innocently cleaned up and they left and I went to bed.

I smelled smoke but thought nothing of it as my window was open and I live on the East Coast now so having fires during the appropriate season is not surprising-- (lol @ Cali ppl wondering WTF?)

Well-- I get a knock on my door, its my roommates freaking out that there is FIRE IN THE KITCHEN!!!!

Turns out that there were lingering embers and when dumped out into the trash, and then decided to smoke profusely turning our apartment into a sound stage for a horror flick.

Now, I do have expreience with fire, and Im pretty confiendent in my traumatic situation calm and levelheadedness regarding emergency and possibly stressful situations-- (thank you HOURS of watching TV and knowing pretty much what to do in any situation-- BIG shout out to Bear Grylls for no other reason than you are hot and I like seeing you strip down and not get hypothermia by doing nude jumping jacks).

So my instict kicked in, and to avoid a HUGE situation b y bringing out the fire extinguisher, I just told the roommate to pour water over the situation, KNOWING that it was not a grease or electric fire and that water should sort the situation out appropriately. Well-- and this is hindsight-- there was a pizza box in that "situation" and THAT had grease on it, so when we went to pour water on it-- flames errupted.

K-- time for the extinguisher--which I have never used (thank God) until that moment, pull pin--aim-fire (no pun intended).

So yeah-- no damage other than the stress... spent a majority of that night cleaning up the mess that was made from battling horrendous flames and coming out the victor!!!!! I feel like I should have a calendar now that Im a FIYA FIGHTA!

Yep-- that was my Monday night/Tuesday morning....

Open invitation to any calendar fire fighters to come teach me some tips! lol (MUST be in a calendar! lol)

1 comment:

  1. OH BRI!!!! First I'm glad u didn't burn your apt down and you guys are safe. LOL @ you keeping a level head and deciding to use water to extinguish the flames on to realize the grease from the pizza box wouldn't let it be that easy!!!! None the less you stayed calm and the fire department didnt need to be called. A day in the life of Bri.....LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! Come back for more of my life! (giggle)