Sunday, June 28, 2009

BBQ Festival!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Oh Mr. Johnson, we shoulda got your autograph!
Sir, 2, (and if I had more I would use them) VERY enthusiastic thumbs up!!!!

We even had some Shrimp on the Barbie by the Australian team!

Oh, now the weather reminded me of San Fran, as we were stuck in a cloud for most of the day, but the beer was cold, the ribs, catfish, fries, chicken, sausage, and beans, not to mention shrimp were all hot hot hot!

We even went to the racetrack as it was held in the back parking lot of Suffolk Downs in East Boston. I bet on 9 and 7. And my pride still hurts as they were the LAST TWO TO CROSS!!!! However, the $2 bets I placed, and the race that followed really made it a full DAY! I never knew how exciting a horse race could be, but smelling the horses, and seeing them ridden, reminded me of good days riding in Texas and how much I love to ride, and jump and show.... sigh....

Aside from the fact that I was the 5th wheel.... sigh.... the day was very enjoyable. I would highly recommend looking on Phantom Gourmet http://phantomgourmet.com/ as they have many events throughout the year here in Boston, the next being a gourmet tasting I believe. I plan on going to more of these events, as whats more American that overindulging in fattening, unhealthy food?! LOL

I have ribs for lunch for next week, if they make it past tonight! I can say that it helped me forget about my homesickness. The "ITIS" did sneak up on us though and when we arrived back at my friend's house, plop...snooze...snor... SO WORTH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! Come back for more of my life! (giggle)