Sunday, June 28, 2009

MJ

Sigh,


As a friend recently said, EVERYONE'S childhood icon is gone.

I grew up listening to Michael, watching him make thousands of people loose their minds, and dancing until I couldnt walk anymore and simply tired myself out!

He was like Elvis. He was music, and his eccentricity killed him in the end. There is a price to pay for fame, and mostly its the loss of privacy. Its having MOST things you decide to do, scrutinized and calculated. Its buying clothing while cameras snap and snap, and eventually YOU WILL SNAP!

He was an icon, and yet as a person, we will never really know. He was conflicted and confused, as many of his interviews will show, and yet we love him and fawn over him.

I wont pretend to know the man in the mirror...lol... but I will say that I had a relationship with the music and the icon. A love affair that began when my parents put him on the record player. Let me stay up to watch the concert where people lost their minds, and he was glorified.

Michael Jackson the musician, the artist, the KING OF POP---- RIP sir, RIP--- you will live on in infamy, your music will be played and played and played... Michael Jackson the man, may your children have peace and be cared for, and may your life be remembered with fond words....

sigh-- alas, we live in THIS world, and already its drugs this, and not with reality that.... smh ppl SMH (shakin my head!)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7MmEMrCRfc

I know that I will only remember the Michael I wanted you to be... so.....

1 comment:

  1. Well said love...MJ was my childhood icon... I was up late feeling that beat and riding the boogie...sheeeiiit.

    AC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! Come back for more of my life! (giggle)