Monday, July 6, 2009

My 4th of July Weekend--'09 Edition

So the weekend was a great one, filled with a good friend, AMAZING FOOD, relaxation and hilarity.

Started Thursday night buying groceries-- I proceeded to make the most BALLENEST chicken tacos EVER! They were truly amazing. Made homemade salsa and guacamole to go with them.
It was beyond delish.

Friday, as we ended up lounging around til who knows when, started at about 430. Getting ready to meet a friend, (who shall remain nameless for his protection--mostly from me--read on to find out why), in the city for drinks. We started at Sissy K's, then headed to Hong Kong for SCORPION BOWLS.

side note on the Scorpion Bowls-- these are dangerous drinks! They are sugar sugar sugar and then cheap alcohol in a BOWL with extra large straws. These are intended to be shareds amoungst your group--Please note that Hong Kong, along with these bowls of confiedence, has karaoke as well!!!!
We proceeded to drink the bowls, laugh and sing bad karaoke-- great night right? Please read on! Well as the night wore on, and I became mildly obsessed with the horses that pull the carriages outside Hong Kong, I turn around and my friend that we met up with is GONE.... just left.... no word, no see ya, no " We want to pick up chicks so we have to ditch you guys..." NOTHING!
So we head to the water.... a short walk down through Faneiul (spelling) Hall and we are there.
I forget how much I love the smell of water. The breeze and the chill-- the salty air and the sound of water lapping onto rocks. Its the Cali in me... sigh
So there was chilling on the lounges that they had, admiring the bathroom, (which wouldnt take my quarter and let me in), apparently this bathroom is self-cleaning and digital-like--who knows I didnt get to experience it. Kinda miffed about that one, but please keep in mind, I was Scorpioned bowled! So the Marriott was kind enough to have clean bathrooms and public ones at that!!!!!
Then we came across the ice cream man, after several angry texts and phone calls to the ditcher! Vanilla ice cream helped quell my anger----
After taking a walk around eating ice cream is great-- then deciding to go into a bar and dance like maniacs was even better! Ended the night at a friends house just kickin back enjoyin life!
Saturday-- was another late wake up--but what are the weekends for? Then I had the BEST IDEA EVER!!!!! Rooftop Secret Garden!!!!!
It was truly a stroke of G! We scouted the location first to make sure that it would be open to us, it was, we got drinks and snacks and proceeded to GET SOME SUN!!!! WOOOOHOOOO---
Now I am by no means tan from the 2 days, (Saturday was a really late start), but I have shaded in the yellow! It was great to just chill and read a book in the sun! Ahhh memories of a beach in Cali-- our secret spot--
So then we left, came home for more chillin, I fell asleep then was woken to the sound of BOOMING! Turns out that I was able to see the whole Boston Pops show from my porch!!!!
It was great to not have to get in the crowds yet to still be able to enjoy the show!
Sunday was much like Saturday, except we got an earlier start.
However there was a very disturbing incident that occured:
While I was sleeping on the blanket in the sun, loving life, I get yelled at by 3 12 year olds. "Excuse me, EXCUSE ME...." " Huh?" --me waking up groggy---" Do you have a cigarette?" "No, uh I dont smoke"-- they walk away... And I fully wake up, perplexed and a little miffed at the situation that I have woken to. What the HELL?! So you wake up a stranger, to ask for a cigarette because you are bored and think its cool to smoke?
I let it go, but how could I, when 5 MINUTES LATER, 2 out of the original 3 come BACK to me asking for a cigarette for her mom! Yeah, because Im stupid, " NO, I DONT SMOKE!"....
It was so disturbing to know that these young girls have NO CLUE about what is in cigarettes or the addictiveness related to this, and that they would have the audacity to come and ask me 2 times for the same thing with the variation of "Its for my mom," qualifying the fact that YOU WANT TO SMOKE!
I have no clue what is going on with the youth today, but when 12 year olds are asking random people for cigs, somethings gotta give!
All in all, my weekend, (which was capped by a delish dinner of the tacos from Thursday night), was great. It was not too crazy, and had a lot of chilling which is what I needed.

1 comment:

Thanks for the comment! Come back for more of my life! (giggle)