Thursday, July 23, 2009

the quest of more

I personally think that there should be a continued quest for "more". Which, means, that "more" has to become and ideal and not just an intangilble idiom floating around out there in the world full of the material.

I think that business should be thinking "more"--but in what context? They should be thinking of course, how can we gain "more" market share, how can we gain "more" revenue... thats old news--- what I would like to see companys say to themselves is how can we do "more" so that we attract that market share we crave....how can we do "more" for our community so that people and other companies want to do business with us thus gaining more revenue....

I think that 2009 should be a year, (and I know it has been for me), and internaly focus year, reflection that translates into change and that change into changing actions. A betterment if you will. I think it started with the CHANGE we have all wanted and that began with our govenement-- a focus of change of working with what we have and making it better.

I think that 2009, should be revolutionary, and that people should start with self-evaluations and self-checking. My theory on self-checking is an important one. Oh, you think you should say something to that person who stepped on your shoes or bumped you-- THINK AGAIN.... they say that Americans are all rude-- ITS BECAUSE WE ARE.... politeness goes a long way... SELF check YOSELF-- Self-check when you THINK that you are entitled, Self-check when you think that you need to satisfy your narcissitic need and idea of pride---I am convinced that if more self-checking occured, this world we definitely be a better place. Its taking the time, to actually put yourself in someone else's shoes, if only for an instant.

And so with these issues, theories, business plans layouts out there--...if you dont take anything else away from this... just do me the favor and SMILE at someone--just once today... it goes a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! Come back for more of my life! (giggle)