Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Weekend Thus Far-- Apt. Hunting and more

So we have met THE THIRD!!!!!!!

Meaning that my future roommate and I have met the 3rd roommate that I have been talking to only virtually up until this point. SHE IS AWESOME!!!! We are all going to get along JUST FINE!

Met her and her mom when they came into town for the Off Campus Housing workshop that Emerson put on.

We met up on Friday to look at, again, the apartment in Davis that we were considering. What we realized were a few things:
1. The apartment, while massively spacious for Boston, was run down and need a facelift--to put it mildly. The things that we didnt notice before and was BLINDED by because of all the space and storage and walk in closets (girls you know that a walk in closet is like a shirtless ripped man who is just manly and delish!), was that there were just gross and unnecessary things going on. It was mostly old and the landlord and the tenants were speaking different languages (figuratively).
2. The realtor that we were working with, kind of a *B*...okay not kind of-- REALLY-- she was pushy and wanted money before she would start the application process. Now being that I have been independent for a while.... I have NEVER heard of putting money down before your application is approved. It was weird and uncomfortable and stressed me out!
3. While Davis Square is a really nice area, its very far for us from the center of Boston--where we all go to school and were I work.

Friday night: after that---- we went out! :) Had some drinks, I ended up staring down "Brett" who was sitting on a stool next to me when he ordered nachos--until he glanced my way, and pushed the plate at me--giving me an open invitation to munch with him and talk.... he was sucha cool guy and after we were done munchin--- I decided (dont know why) that sharing is caring.... I grabbed the nacho plate and decided that the rest of the bar might want some.... I shimmied and shaked and danced with the nacho plate--reminiscing on my days as a cocktail waitress--- and offered the nachos to the entire BAR! Oh LAWD! However, it was a good time, I did get some weird looks, but mostly ppl were happy that I came baring free food! I even got called out on the street as NACHO GIRL when we left! Good times....met a guy....he was dressed so well in a pinstriped suit---oooooweeee I love a man in a suit...we shall see--- the text I received to today read as follows( I only post this on public space because it made me smile and was so sweet--could be a tactic--but for now lets just enjoy the niceness of a good text--I wont be posting any more):

****I INTERRUPT THIS BLOG TO BRING BREAKING NEWS:

THE WONDERFUL WEATHER THAT WE HAVE BEEN HAVING FOR ONLY LIKE 4 DAYS--MAYBE-- HAS BEEN RUINED BY A FULL BLOWN DOWNPOUR--BOSTON-- GET IT TOGETHER!!! SIGH....... THAT IS ALL****

here is the great text (stupid rain!):

Good morning the incredibly beautiful smiling absolutely lovely Brianca. It was a pleasure meeting you last night. Lets connect for a cocktail soon!!!!

I mean YEAH! that can be easily categorized as Awesomo 2009!
*Awesomo 2009 is said when something awesome happens and it has to be said in a dorky robot voice--yes I know nerdy, but hilarious!*

So that made me smile today. **Um call out to other men in this city, if you see something you like, SAY SOMETHING, but do so with class...WOMEN RESPOND TO CLASS...and if you come correct, if you come with manners, and want to take a girl out for a drink (nobody said meal), we respond well to that too---oh yeah-- WE ALL LIKE FLOWERS!!!!**

Today: we looked at apartments for the bulk of the day, exhausting stuff, but made more exhausting from the experience we had--cont. to read and all will be revealed.

We saw this great apartment, minus the creepy bathtub, in Porter sq-- but again, far--lets think of nightlife and the fact that we will HAVE to take a cab... thats at least $20 each time we go out...can get pricy.

So heres the meat.... we took a flyer that Roomie #3 got at the workshop, and called the realtor listed.

TURNS OUT THIS MAN IS BATSHIT CRAZY!!!!!!!! Like-- there are NO WORDS to describe him... What I was thinking, besides the fact that he cant drive, talks non-stop and showed us THE WORST APARTMENTS , (im talkin grimy, gross, disgusting, small, barely livable places), is that I think he might have a condition-- like social disorder, touched, slow, something, that or he is on drugs... or had a breakdown, or shit who knows the man was NUTZ!!!!!

Im not going to call out his biznas-- bc that would be wrong... but--lol smh! It drained me of the little energy I had(late night and appt in the morning did not get much sleep)...completely.

Ate at a great place Fresh City---(they have Red Bull Smoothies, didnt have but in the past indulged and bc im a lover of the bull--delish).. then came home to watch movies online...I have several sites that I tap for movies that are still in theatres or TV shows, because I am sans TV for the summer...

**THUNDER***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! Come back for more of my life! (giggle)